- What personal information we collect from you;
- How we use your information and with whom we may share it;
- What choices are available to participants regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect from the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control;
- How participants may correct any inaccuracies in the information.
We know how important your personal information is to you and we take our responsibility to safeguard any information you provide to us very seriously. To protect any personally identifiable information that we collect, we have instituted strict physical, electronic and managerial measures to prevent unauthorized access to your information or unauthorized disclosure of that information.
While we make every reasonable attempt to protect the personally identifiable information that you share with us, no transmission over the Internet is ever 100% secure, nor is information stored electronically 100% immune from attack, so we cannot warrant the security of information you may provide to us.
Your Personal Information and the MAPCO MY Rewards Program
To better understand and serve the needs of our members, MAPCO MY Rewards collects both aggregate participant data and personally identifiable information regarding participants. Personally identifiable information is any information that allows others to identify you or contact you. MAPCO MY Rewards does not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you register to participate in the MAPCO MY Rewards program and have opted in. When you register to participate in the MAPCO MY Rewards program, MAPCO MY Rewards may collect the following personally identifiable information:
- Your first and last name
- Your home address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Your purchase frequency and visitation habits
- Other demographical information
In order to provide you with the discounts, rewards, and other benefits associated with the MAPCO MY Rewards Program, MAPCO MY Rewards may collect limited information about your purchases when you use the MAPCO MY Rewards Card or a program partner’s loyalty or reward card with purchases at a MAPCO MY Rewards program partner. MAPCO MY Rewards may collect the following information about purchases that you make using the MAPCO MY Rewards Card:
- The date and location of your purchase
- The items within your purchases and total dollar amount of your purchases on that visit
- The MAPCO MY Rewards points you earned from your purchase
MAPCO MY Rewards may collect information that participants provide on customer surveys, giveaways or promotional entries, coupon or rebate forms, or when a participant uses the program Website. When you agree to become an MAPCO MY Rewards program participant, you agree that MAPCO MY Rewards may collect, use and retain such information.
Our Use of Your Information
Except as defined below, we do not give, rent or sell member information to anyone outside of the MAPCO MY Rewards program.
MAPCO MY Rewards may use your personally identifiable information in several ways:
- We may send you promotional materials; we may ask you to participate in surveys; and we may track market trends to assess the effectiveness of our programs and promotions.
- We may contact you by email, conventional mail, or telephone, or text messaging. In addition, we may enhance and/or merge personally identifiable information about our participants with data collected from other sources to use in direct and/or online marketing. MAPCO MY Rewards may provide aggregate, anonymous participant information to our program partners.
- We may hire outside companies to provide services on our behalf (such as running promotions, conducting surveys, sending email, hosting the Website, or analyzing data). We may provide your personally identifiable information to these service providers so that they may perform such services. In addition, in order to enter a giveaway, contest or other promotion, we may require you (except as prohibited by law) to consent to the use of your personally identifiable information in our advertising and promotional materials.
- We may also disclose your personally identifiable information if we believe that we are required to do so by law; to comply with legal process or governmental requests; to enforce our program Terms and Conditions; and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MAPCO MY Rewards, its participants, program partners or the public.
- MAPCO MY Rewards may transfer or otherwise disclose your personal information in connection with a merger, sale, consolidation or other corporate change.
- In addition, if you submit a letter or similar content to MAPCO MY Rewards we may publish your letter along with your name or other information you submit.
Your Information and the MAPCO MY Rewards Website
You do not have to give us personal information to visit our Website. We may, however, collect personally identifiable information from our users at several different points on our Website, including registration, transaction records, and/or participation in a contest, game, promotion, survey or other promotional activity. If you choose to provide us with information about yourself, we may provide you with information on products, services and/or events that may be of interest to you.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Our Website uses “cookies” to better recognize you when you return to our Website. A “cookie” is a small data file stored on an Internet user’s computer by a web server. Cookies are used to help identify you when you return to the MAPCO MY Rewards Website and to tailor information you receive while on our Website. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but that may affect your ability to access some parts of our Website.
Our web pages or email messages may contain a small graphic image called a “web beacon” (which is sometimes also called a "clear gif”) that allows us to monitor and collect certain limited information about users of our Website, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to, and the time the web beacon was viewed. Web beacons can be invisible to the user, but, in general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page or email, including HTML based content, can act as a web beacon. We may use web beacons to count visitors to our web pages or to monitor how our users navigate our Website, and we may include web beacons in email messages in order to count how many messages we sent were actually opened or acted upon. We use web beacons to compile aggregate statistics about our Website and our marketing campaigns; we do not link the information collected by our web beacons to the personally identifiable information you provide when registering with the Website.
Other Data Collection
When you visit our Website we may collect and store in log files certain non-personally identifying information, such as: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com or google.com); the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our Website; the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website and the website you visit when you leave our Website, and the number of “clicks” you execute on our Website. We collect this information to analyze trends, administer the Website, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may also determine the technology available through your browser in order to serve you the most appropriate version of a web page. We may also use information collected about our users to provide customized content, advertising, products and services, or to improve the content and navigation of our Website, or for other internal purposes.
Your Choices About Disclosing and Modifying Your Personal Information
If your personal information changes, you may correct, update or deactivate your information by logging in to the Website, clicking the “Manage My Account” link and following the posted instructions.
Notification of Changes
Our Website is not intended for children. To protect children’s personal information and to meet the standards of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from children under 13 years of age.
This Website may contain links to sites not affiliated with MAPCO MY Rewards and mapcorewards.com. MAPCO MY Rewards and is not responsible for the privacy practices of other entities or their websites.
Consent to Transfer
This Website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us through the MAPCO MY Rewards.com Website will be transferred to the United States. By using the MAPCO MY Rewards Website, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your personal information, you consent to this transfer.
Contact MAPCO MY Reward$: 801 Crescent Center Dr. Suite 300 Franklin, TN 37067